We developed an information system that can provide medical services from a remote location through an information network
keyword: remote medicine・computer human interface・multimedia communication・QoS control
- Uchida et al. Building an information support system for remote auscultation,8(2), 235-7, 2012
Ubiquitous medical information system
We developed a clinical medical information system connecting a sensor with a portable terminal.
Keyword: ubiquitous computing・wearable computing・sensor networks・Internet of Things
- Kuroda, Embedded Ubiquitous Services on Hospital Information Systems, computer human interface academic journal
Diagnosis support system
We tried to develop a diagnosis support system based on the clinical prediction model.
- H. Tamura, et al., Association of ARMS2 Genotype with Bilateral Involvement of Exudative Age-Related Macular Degeneration.
Am J Ophthalmol, 154(3), 542-548.e1, 2012
Management support system
We developed a hospital beds management system to assure smooth hospital management.
Hospital beds management support system
We created a simulation system for hospital beds management. The simulation is run over various restriction elements.
Evaluate medical examination values and efficient use of medical resources
We evaluate medical examination values for optimized distribution of medical resources
- Y. Hiratsuka et al., Eye Care Comparative Effectiveness Research Team (ECCERT). Cost-effectiveness of cataract surgery in Japan,
Jpn J Ophthalmol. 55(4), 333-42, 2011
- Eye Care Comparative Effectiveness Research Team (ECCERT), Y. Hiratsuka, et al.,
Cost-utility analysis of cataract surgery in Japan: a probabilistic Markov modeling study,
Jpn J Ophthalmol, 57(4), 391-401, 2013
- R. Sakai, et al., The impact of Japan's 2004 postgraduate training program on intra-prefectural distribution of pediatricians in Japan,
PLoS ONE, 8(10), e77045, 2013
Benefiting from medical documents by using retrieval technology
The purpose of this research is to effectively apply the accumulated medical data in the hospital by using retrieval technology.
In particular, we utilize similar case retrieval of medical documents and ranking of medical documents based on their browsing history for clinical decision support.
- 鶴岡ら, 外部情報を用いた学習のための診療文書のランキング, 医療情報学, 33(3), 151-159, 2013
Acquisition and application of life logs for specific diseases
The purpose of this research is to acquire life logs that occur outside the medical institution with ICT and apply the accumulated data effectively for medical examination and treatment.
Specific target diseases are Rheumatoid arthritis and PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome).
- S. Nishiguchi et al., Daily assessment of rheumatoid arthritis disease activity using a smartphone application: Development and 3-month feasibility study,
Proc. 8th Int'l Conf on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare (PervasiveHealth 2014), 2014
This research applies ICT in rehabilitation jointly with the orthopedist and the physical therapist.
Specific content includes research on fall risk prediction and fall prevention in the elderly.
- H. Katayama et al., Effect of a Kinect-based exercise game on improving executive cognitive performance in community-dwelling elderly: Case Control Study,
J. Medical Internet Research, 16(2), e61, 2014
Projection type work support for the purpose of QoL improvement of elderly with dementia
For the purpose of supporting the solitary life of the elderly with mild dementia, we study the technique of projecting the support information directly via the projector by sensing the environment using a depth sensor and a camera.
(In collaboration with University of Oulu at Finland and NAIST)
- Y. Uranishi et al., Work Step Indication with Grid-Pattern Projection for Demented Senior People,
Proc. 35th Annual Int'l Conf. of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC2013), pp. 4698-4701, 2013
Selective Projection onto High Visibility-surface
Information projection to a third party might prove useful in attracting that person's attention. For this projection to be easily seen by anyone, it is important to identify the appropriate projection spot.
This research attempts to find the highest visibility area in a scene using a depth sensor and a camera.
- 團原ら, シーンの色と形状に基づく高視認面へのプロジェクション, 第58回システム制御情報学会研究発表講演会, 115-6, 2014
Linear map drawing tracing system
The purpose of this research is to assist visually impaired individuals in understanding linear map drawings displayed on a tablet terminal.
This system outputs guiding sounds, in accordance with the topical shape characteristics of the displayed image, and assists the user in understanding the shape characteristics by asking him to trace linear drawings.
(In collaboration with Osaka University)
- 瀧澤ら, 視覚障がい者のための誘導音を用いた線図形トレーシングシステム, 第58回システム制御情報学会研究発表講演会, 225-2, 2014